Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Piper's Health:

Piper's Health: "The fans saved my life, I truly believe that. There was this pay-per-view called Cyber Sunday and the fans voted between myself, Dusty Rhodes, and Sgt. Slaughter, some pretty good company there, and it was for who was going to be Ric Flair's partner going for the tag team titles. Kindly, the fans voted me in, we won the titles, then we're over in Europe and something goes wrong with my legs…they're not working. They fly me back to the States, put me on the slab, cut open my back and they discover I have cancer. Lymphoma. But there's a really happy ending to it. First off, they picked the wrong guy to bully; I'm going to kick its butt. Also, they caught it at its very early stage. They put me on the rotisserie every day now, I'm going to be on radiation for the next 4-5 weeks, and they think they can clear it up. I'm going to be walking down that hall again, Jon. If the fans didn't vote me in, I wouldn't have went to Europe, I wouldn't have had a reason to have my back checked, and from what has been explained to me, in two to three years, this would have been all throughout my body and I would've had to go out that day. But you know what, the fans have been taking care of me all my life. What can I even say to them for that? It's pretty special for me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How could we not support you Roddy? You are one of us. You aren't a prettyboy, a pencilneck or a musclehead. You are just Rowdy Roddy Piper, both in front of and behind the camera.
I am very, very happy to hear you'll beat this. You have such a wonderful family behind you.
Hopefully, one day, I'll get to meet you and shake your hand and thank you for decades of honest entertainment. You have shared your life with all of us and I certainly appreciate you doing that.